Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Big Bang.......

Bored , lonely and becoming more desperate as the days ticked by I found myself browsing a singles website where I came a across a interesting beast by the name of Annika. She seemed keen and relatively normal so game on! As we chatted and flirted in this weird virtual world she fell under the spell of my wit and charm ( or perhaps it was very late and she just wanted to shut me up??) we realised that a date was on the cards. I set it up for next break! Not a bad nights work I muttered to myself before hitting the sack.

Back in Perth the day had come and so I decided to hack the hairy facial growth that had developed after 9 days of neglect off for the occasion - you never know - she may be a loose one! haha

A quick squirt of the magic stuff ( Chanel Allure - works every time) and away I went to a local pub on the beach - The Cottesloe Hotel - a popular haunt for young people on the hunt for fresh flesh. Lets do this thing!!
I ordered a pint of lager ( local and low carb - every little counts!) and sat on the balcony in eager anticipation. She was late! Not a good start! But at 8.17pm this graceful creature arrived and the adrenalin was pumping! A cute little thing - standing just over 5 feet tall with a 20's blond haircut and nice perfume - her blue eyes piercing but friendly.

After the usual polite greetings and niceties we both settled down and I offered Annika a drink. Being on the petite side I was expecting her to ask for a glass of wine or perhaps a cocktail but no - in true Aussie fashion she requested a pint!! Not sure if I was impressed or surprised - maybe both! haha

10 hours later after many beverages and some gambling ( more than I had planned but Annika managed to lose most of our chips so I had to win them back which took a while! ) we hailed a cab and headed home.

A great first date - lucky girl!! haha

Since that fateful sequence of events 6 months have passed. During these months I managed to get Annika pregnant, get married, move in with her, go on honeymoon and swap my V8 for a Wagon! Happy days!!

Its all good and very exciting - over half way now! We have had a couple of scans and luckily I am fine! The little one 'Peanut' is also doing well although his head size is slightly above average at 20 weeks! Oh dear! Spam the II perhaps!


Our honeymoon was really nice. We headed over to Thailand for 10 days or so - firstly to Krabi and then to an Island called Koh Lanta in the Andaman Sea - very chilled - nice food and great weather. Unfortunately Annika got a bad tummy bug and we spent the last few days of the holiday in and out of hospitals and clinics to get Annika re hydrated and back on the straight and narrow. It was a stressful time as we were not sure how Peanut would be affected and it was quite difficult in non-English speaking countries to get some good information. Luckily in Singapore on the way back we saw a good doctor who put our minds at rest.


When we got back we went for the 20 week scan and all was good! Phew!

In fact Peanut felt the urge to confirm this by giving us the thumbs up when we were looking at him! Cool. haha

Annika belly is growing by the day and they say the growth rate is around an inch a week from here on in!! By my calculations - in 4 months time I will have to get a bigger bed!

Since Peanut was created I have had to immerse myself in whole new worlds to try and get some kind of angle on the changes that are about to happen to our lives.

For example - buggies, prams , strollers or whatever you want to call them! Wow - what ever happened to the simple pushchair! Andrew and Philips McLaren was the mutts nuts and could do stunts and everything! Sorry Andrew! haha

Today they are space age, highly tuned machines! And expensive - some costing more that my Mitsubishi Pimpmobile I had a year ago! ( $1000) haha

One night after researching numerous buggies on the Internet, a mate came round for a few beers and I must have had prams on the brain as I felt the urge to tell him about a particular model that had impressed me. Whoops! The look on his face was priceless! Not cool! haha

And this is the mate I am trying to convince to get his wife pregnant so I have some company in the daddy boat. I dont think I have succeeded.......yet!

The list of stuff we need to buy, fix, organise etc etc is growing by the day - lots to do. Next week we will begin a refurb job on Peanuts room - a lick of paint , carpets up, sand and varnish floorboards etc etc. Then stick a cot in and other paraphernalia to keep him happy. Easy!! haha


Here's a few shots from the holiday


















Will write more soon amigos!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Dale.....really funny...Especially the pushchair par, stunts? You flipped him upside down and threw it down some heavy concrete stairs... Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very nice to hesar from you. You both look great and very happy. Cannot wait to meet Annika and hopefully it will be very soon. Take care my darlings - Aunt Joand Uncle T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi chaps, great and hilarious blog. And Mrs Ralston looks positively radiant.

    Glad to hear all worked out okay after the tummy trouble. Keep in touch, lots of love Aunty Jo and Uncle T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey yoy guys. So firstly an apology is due as it has taken me some nearly 3 months (I'm cringing at the thought) to contact you since we left. Very sorry!! I'm loving this blog-ting you got going on, great way to keep in touch and know what's going on. Very happy to hear all is well after the scare, and Annika is looking radiant with her growing belly. I miss you guys. So how did to reno on Peanuts room go, photos would be nice please!? You got thoses lazy boys yet too, if you have make the most of them Dale as you ain't going to be able to lazy when Peanut arrives and then by the time you do get to go back in to lazy mode, the chairs will be his and his mates, and of course Annika's when he's out!! Ha Ha, the joys of sharing in a family!! So all is good with us. We've had a wicked time travelling since leaving you guys (crazy and weird how long ago it seems, but at the same time like it was just yesterday too. We adored Indonesia and I cannot wait to go back there, Malaysia was very nice too, we met a nice Scotish couple and spent most of our time travelling with them (reminder there, must email those guys too, whoops!!). We then met up with our mate Will and had an awesome 3 weeks with him in Thailand and Laos and now we are in Kho Phangan chilling out here, got just over a week left before we fly to Singapore on the 16th (dangerous cause Laura wants to shop and they have a Lululemon there Dale too!! Credit card me thinks!!) and then we'll travel back to KL where, wait for it .... we only fly home on the 21st June!! So after just over 20 months of travel the time has come for us to venture back. Make sure you keep this blog updated, photos are mandatory, and let us know when your in the UK and come visit us, so looking forward to meeting Peanut too. Thanks again for making our time in Perth so special, your both friends for life, and I suppose Peanut can join the crew too when he's here :)
    Love to you both and looking forward to the next update. Laura xxxxx

    ReplyDelete