Sunday, August 24, 2014

Vague news and a few pics of the monkeys!

Hello there possums!
Its been a while...again. Jeez, I am a lazy so and so!

Wow....it feels like yesterday I was updating this blog. It turns out its been months since I even logged on...funny that!

Anyway, enough of all that.

I am just going to upload some recent photos of the kids ...who are all healthy and happy. We have had a decent run through winter ..only a few trips to the Doc and a few colds ...pretty good really.

Actually winter seemed to be pretty short and mild this year and now spring is in the air I really have to try not to take this climate for granted and make the most of it.
With some of the clan scattered around the globe putting up with more temperate climates I should really count myself very lucky indeed....and I do!

We've had a few trips down to the farm the last few months. Its a nice place to be , and in many ways, more-so  in the winter months. The in-laws , Geoff and Gail , have made it a very cozy and welcoming environment and the smell ( and feel) of a burning wood fire is comforting.

The kids absolutely love it down there and are always up to something outdoors , whether it be taking the ride-on mower for a spin, messing about in the gardens or climbing on the tractor ...they are all in their element!

It kind of makes us want to get a piece of land and do the same on a smaller scale.....maybe a few years down the track anyway.

But, it cant be too far from the ocean! I need to be close to her! Must be an Islander thing!

In Scarborough where we are at the moment, we are lucky enough to get the sea breeze roll in pretty much every afternoon during the spring and summer months. More often referred to as 'The Fremantle Doctor'...its been taking the edge off the searing heat ever since these shores were populated.

Anyway, I was going to post some photos!

First, a couple of recent video clips..

This one was with Zoe and her blueberries....a little game of now you see them , now you dont!

http://youtu.be/f28nVwmvPYA?list=UUROGNqb9qfdcPx829dzsBRw


And this one of from our recent trip to the farm - Alex had gone down the previous couple of days to 'help' Gramps at the cattle auction. Needless to say , Alex loved it!

http://youtu.be/1VaBoUccaOA?list=UUROGNqb9qfdcPx829dzsBRw


OK , some photos!



























I took these at a local park in the school Alex will be going to next year - 300m up the road.
I don't use this lens much but its quickly becoming my favourite even though its long at 150mm equivalent!
At least I can keep my distance and snap away :)











And a few from the farm a few weeks ago..










































And finally , a nice one of my beautiful Zo zo! :)




Well, until the next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment